Ford and Escape the Room team up
Ford teams up with the very popular Escape the Room game to give millennials an all new experience. Escape the Room is an interactive and fun room that challenges you to find objects and solve clues in a life sized room. You’re given a set amount of time and within that time period you have to try and solve all the clues to try and gain your freedom.
Ford approached an Escape the Room designer to create what is now the biggest venue yet. This is the first-ever drivable game that challenges participants to use the latest Ford technology and features on the 2017 Ford Escape to help solve clues in a way never done before. Some of the features used in this Escape the Room game include:
- Digital Music and streaming radio from iHeartRadio via Sync AppLink
- Voice-to-text capabilities of Sync 3 driver connect system
- Remote start and remote lock capabilities of Sync Connect System
- Premium audio system from Sony with Clear Phase and Live Acoustics
- Enhanced active park assist
- Adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support
- Rearview camera
- Seven-color ambient lighting
- Hands-free, foot-activated liftgate
The 35,000-square-foot venue saw over 1,000 people over the span of 4 days and sold out with 24 hours. Players were told not to release any information in order to keep it a complete surprise to the rest of the players. This concept took a whole new spin to a test drive and targeted a lot of the younger crowd looking to buy. Ford has found a way to intrigue the younger generation by jumping into their mindset. I know i’d be all over this if i had the chance to go and I really is targeting the younger generation like myself!