Fun Activities To Do This Summer
Summer has been pretty epic so far, but with just mere weeks left of guilt-free sunshine, there’s bound to be a few things that you’ve yet to check off the Summer 2020 To-Do List! We break down two pretty close to perfect ways to spend a hot summer day!
The first and most obvious summer activity is a well-deserved beach day! Regina Beach is a quick and pleasant 40-minute drive on the SK-11 highway. To make the most out of your day, you’re first going to want to make sure that you check the weather. Pick the clearest hottest day in the forecast. The beach is best enjoyed when there’s not a single cloud in the sky. Once you’ve picked the perfect day, you’re going to want to make sure that you pack all of the essentials. In your beach bag make sure that you have:
- Sunscreen: this is the most important thing you’ll pack, and don’t be shy with the SPF level, the higher, the better.
- Sunglasses: Pack your favourite sunglasses, and make sure that they’re polarized! They will give your eyes the most protection from the sun.
- Hand sanitizer: This should be a staple not only in your beach bag but in every bag!
- Beach Blanket: An extra-large beach blanket will be the envy of everyone on the beach. Fit your whole crew on your blanket and lay the day away.
- Beach towel(s): Pack an extra so it can double as a headrest while you’re sunbathing.
- Straw or bucket hat: Keep the sun off of your face with maximum protection.
- Insulated water bottle: Try a 1L Hydro Flask that’ll keep your water cold all day!
- Cooler: Pack all the best snacks like cotton candy grapes, watermelon, and strawberries for everyone to enjoy! If you’ve got the room, pack some cucumber sandwiches. They’re a perfect light lunchtime snack.
- Homemade Juice: this may seem like a non-essential thing to pack but trust me, as soon as you bring out the cantine with the homemade Nestea iced tea, the whole beach will be wishing they could have a glass!
- Bug Spray: You know the drill.
- Speaker: Be the DJ for the day and bring a speaker.
- Flip fops: There is nothing worse than wearing sneakers to the beach. It’s a major hassle. Don’t be that guy.
Once you’ve got your packing down, you’re beach ready!
Picnic At The Park
Picnics are highly underrated and should be had much more often. This is truly a perfect way to spend a summer afternoon. Wascana Park or any park in your neighbourhood with nice scenery is the best spot to plan your picnic day.
When packing for a picnic, you should break your packing list into two distinct categories: food and drinks and activities! For your food and drinks related packing list we recommend:
- Picnic basket and blanket: These are the staples that will make your picnic go off without a hitch. Pack a picnic that is big enough to fit your whole crew. For the basket, we recommend something large and light! If a tote bag works better for you, go with that one instead!
- Drinks: Whether it’s water, juice boxes, or soda, you’ll want to stay hydrated. Pack all your favourite refreshing summer beverages!
- Food: Pack light sandwiches and a charcuterie board! Charcuterie boards are perfect because not only can they be compromised of varying foods…but they’re great for snacking! Think deli meats, a baguette, crackers, hummus spreads, dips, grapes, pickles, olives, nuts, and anything else that’ll fulfill your savoury/sweet needs!
- Tableware: Pack plastic reusable cups, plates, utensils, a cutting board, napkins, bottle opener/wine opener, napkins, and a knife.
- Ice: You’ll want to bring along a bag of ice to keep your drinks cold, or opt for a cooler where you can store all your drinks in one compact chilly spot.
- Trash bag: it’s important to clean up after yourself wherever your picnic is. Take along a medium-sized garbage bag, making cleaning up quick and easy.
You may need a few other things that don’t fall under the food and beverage umbrella:
- Sunscreen and bug spray: enough said
- Games: bring along a frisbee, spike ball, or any other game that’ll be fun to play in the park with your group! If you’re feeling a game less active, pack a deck of cards, or a mini chessboard!
- Speaker: Blast some feel-good tunes for some seriously good vibes.
Once you’ve packed all the essential, you’re ready to enjoy a relaxing afternoon at the park!
Now that we’ve recommended a couple of awesome activities for a hot summer day, getting there is up to you! Capital Ford Lincoln has some seriously reliable and functional vehicles, all of which will help make your day excursion a breeze!
To find out more about which vehicle may be right for you, visit Capital Ford Lincoln at 1201 Pasqua Street North Regina, SK.